Welcome to The Portage County Beekeepers Association website!
Updated on Oct 31, 2015 by Mary Ann Amoroso
2015 Calendar of Events
- January 15, 2015 7:30pm - Barbara Bloetscher, chief apiarist for Ohio.
- March 19, 2015 7:30pm - Peggy Garnes, director of EAS.
- May 17, 2015 2:00pm - The Field Day will be held at Norm Macks, 8259 St Rt 88 Ravenna (about 3 miles north of Maplewood).
- July 19, 2015 2:00pm - Summer Picnic.
- September 13, 2015 2:00pm - Field meeting at Norm Macks, 8259 St Rt 88 Ravenna.
- November 19, 2015 7:30pm Our speaker will be Dr. Anand Persad, director of research at Davey Tree. His topic will be alignment of pollinator life cycles and bloom times.
The Portage County Beekeepers Association
is an organization for the novice and professional beekeepers in
the Portage County Ohio area. Joining is easy. For just $5.00
per year you can enjoy all the benefits of our
organization including our meetings, Field Day and Summer
Picnic. Dues are payable at any of our meetings (see the
During Field Day we have a hands-on learning experience. We open hives, check for the queen, look for warning signs of problem, such as varroa mites or hive beetles, and have many experienced beekeepers ready to answer your questions. You don't want to miss this opportunity.
We have a mentoring program for new beekeepers or anyone who would like some personal help. Feel free to contact any of our mentors from the list on the left.
Thank you for looking and we hope to see you soon.